Frequently Asked Questions
What is a God Fact?
A God Fact is a truth about God and/or us that is found in Scripture and is irrefutable. It is a fact. It is past tense, something that has already happened. Therefore, we do not need to ask God for them.
Although I may not feel like I am seated with Christ, I am. It has already been accomplished. As I allow my heart to truly believe this fact, not just know it, but believe it, there will be visible change in my life.
What is a God Promise?
A God Promise is a truth that will happen, but has not happened yet. All of God’s promises are yes and amen in Jesus, yet some are contingent on our stewardship of gifts or prophetic words, personal, corporate or nation-wide obedience, etc.
God Promise: God will keep my mind in perfect peace as I trust in Him. (Isaiah 26:3)
As I focus on Jesus, trusting Him, my mind will be at peace. This is contingent on my choice to take my thoughts captive, focusing on Jesus, not my circumstances.
Why God Facts?
Because this is an amazing opportunity to not just learn about God, but to look deeply into our Heavenly Father’s heart, discover His true nature and believe all that He has put into each of us, His beloved children!
Knowledge that turns to rock-solid belief is vital! Thoughts like “God provides for others, but not for me,” “I never get a break,” or “I always get taken advantage of” reveal to us that our hearts are not yet fully believing all of who God is and who we are in Him. Now is the time to turn knowledge to belief.
And now it’s time to choose!
We all have choices. We can know many facts about God, but when we truly believe them, we will choose to apply them to our lives.
Choosing to apply is an act of our will! Choose to put in the time and effort to renew your mind and allow your heart to believe all of who God is and who you are in Him! Your life and the lives of those around you will never be the same!
How do I become a part of God Facts 2021?
1. Find your people. This can be 2 or 3 people – anytime, anywhere! Maybe it’s your family around the table or your co-workers at lunch. Maybe it’s people in your neighborhood – in person, over the phone, Zoom or FaceTime. Be creative, find your tribe and get started!
2. Choose a portion of Scripture. A great starting place is Ephesians, Colossians or one of the Gospels.
3. Take notes on what you find as you read. What Facts does God say about Himself and who you are in relation to Him? Think of what He’s given you and what He’s said is a Fact about you, His child. Write them down and remember to include the Scripture reference.
4. Discuss. Share the God Facts you find with your tribe. Did others find the same God Facts or different ones? Be willing to make mistakes as we all enjoy discovering together!
5. Share with the greater WLC community! Join the WLC God Facts 2021 private Facebook group. Share the Facts you’ve discovered and see what others are discovering. Share your testimonies and encouragement!
6. Put them into practice and experience change! If you put God Facts into practice, your life will change and those around you will be able to see it. Just like when you go to the gym and begin working out, you will see and experience change. As you keep at it, people around you will see the change as well.
Now that I’m a part of God Facts 2021, how do I actually find them in Scripture?
How to Start: After you’ve found your people to study with, choose a portion of Scripture. As you read, look for Facts about who God is for us and who we are/what we have in Him.
Example: Starting in 2 Peter, begin reading in chapter 1. Verse 3 says that, “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life…” God Fact: I have everything I need (2 Peter 1:3)
What if I don’t have 2-3 people to study with?
Ask around! Find like-minded people around you. And get creative! Meet and talk while walking at the park or on a conference call during your commute. There’s no one way to connect! Need more ideas? See How do I become a part of God Facts 2021 above.
How do I practically apply God Facts?
How do I begin to put God Facts into practice in my daily life?
This is the beauty of community! As you discover God Facts, choose to put them into practice! When you meet with your people (remember this can be in-person, over FaceTime and so much more), discuss how you are living out your God Facts this week and commit to holding yourselves accountable to each other. Share your stories, your fears, your failures and your testimonies! And then share in the private God Facts 2021 Facebook group throughout the week.
What changes can I expect as I put God Facts into practice in my daily life?
As you allow your heart to believe the Facts that you are discovering in Scripture, your mindset will be transformed. You will think from a Heavenly perspective. Your prayer life will become powerful, your emotions healthy. You will become a powerful Kingdom influence!
Can you give me an example?
God Fact: God has chosen me for a specific purpose in this time in history. (Esther 4:14)
How this might look practically in my life: My work life changes! I am excited to go to work because I truly believe I am chosen to step into divine appointments at work. I pray for the sick and they recover, because I believe that I have been chosen for this time in history to impact my workplace for God’s Kingdom.
Remember to join us on social for exclusive Facebook group!
Share. Testify. Encourage. Be Encouraged.
God Facts 2021 is a corporate treasure hunt. In groups of 3+ we partner with Holy Spirit, discovering treasures of God Facts throughout Scripture, sharing them in community and putting them into practice in our daily lives.